Salsa Level 2 with Latin Motion (18th July 2011)

I recently learnt that salsa dance school Latin Motion had relocated to St Peters and conveniently less than 5 minutes walk from the St Peters train station. Sweet - no excuses NOT to head over to classes and brush up on my dance skills! I contacted the school last week to get some idea of which class to attend given my dance level and was told to try the Level 2 class (Linear salsa) to see if it was the appropriate level for me. I headed to the 6.45pm class after work this evening, arriving about 15 minutes early to sort out registration and payment. Cost me $20 for the class - that's bloody expensive for a normal class! The most I've paid in Wellington was $12 but $20?! I had better make the most of my $20 tonight...

Class began promptly at 6.45pm and was taught by teachers Johnny and Isabel. It was a small class of about 15 students and as usual, more women than men in the class. I have to say I was surprised that this venue was the home of Latin Motion - it has only 1 main studio and though comfortably fitted the class tonight, it wasn't large enough for salsa dance parties; I had expected 2-3 studios at least. The class itself was well-taught with Johnny and Isabel breaking down the dance steps for guys and girls respectively, giving us time to practice the moves individually before coupling us up, boys changing dance partners every couple of songs so all the girls had a turn. The moves was however quite easy for me so was merely a quick refresher of what I already knew - Level 2 is more suited for someone who has learnt the basic Linear moves and wanting to learn new moves to add on to their repertoire. Most of the class picked up the moves taught tonight and just needed more practice to make the moves look fluid. Hmm, I'll have to ring up the school tomorrow about trying out the Level 3 class instead...


Comments

Popular Posts