Extra roles in TV commercials, Wellington, New Zealand

There's always a part of me that wished I was taller so I could model and do the catwalk (don't know if it's the attention or the nice clothes that attracts me to this profession). I know, I know - I was born with these thick, bee-stung-looking lips but still, it's not good enough to get me very far. Occasionally, I find that people seem to zero in on my lips than look me in the eye when talking. Weird... Chinese girls with such lips are uncommon - guess that makes me rather unique! Perhaps that's why I get mistaken as a Eurasian or Filipino sometimes...hmm...

Sometime back in 2005, I signed myself up for a Model and Image course with The Agencie (it was something I wanted to do just to see what the industry was all about). A 6-week course, about 2 hours per week where I learnt how to catwalk (my favourite part of the whole course!), make-up, act and attend castings. Was a lot of fun and quite a challenge for those shy ones. Here's a photo of me and my other course mates at graduation night:


Some of us got signed up as models; me, I ended up being a Talent Model i.e. can't do the catwalk but get casted as a commercial face or in TV roles. Some photos taken by The Agencie:

I've not done much work to date, mainly due to my full-time work commitments (sometimes work is outside Wellington and may be for several weeks). I've done 2 extra roles this year in two TV commercials, one for Budweiser and another for TVNZ TV One. Sadly, you won't be able to see me in the actual commercials.

Budweiser - Damsel in Distress commercial on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4wXCEc5DDY

Budweiser photos of cast: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bud_advert/
PS: I was a waitress in the noodle shop :)

TVNZ TV One commercial: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1052954
PS: Here, I was one of the many people holding our lighted mobile phones at Civic Square and Westpac Stadium.

Comments

Popular Posts