Spending Christmas eve with friends (24th December 2008)

It's Christmas eve and I'm still working! Good news is that I'm working from home (ah yes, lucky me, I get to work from home 1 day a week) and we only have to work till noon. I needed the spare hours to pack my bags for my 3-week trip to Australia - I'm flying out early morning tomorrow and have not yet packed! Argh!!

Finally, I'm done with my packing - now I can go out to catch up with some friends before everyone disappears for their year-end holidays! Caught up with Rachel, Colm, Fran and Flo for dinner around 7.30pm at Southern Cross Bar & Restaurant. Rachel brought along Santa hats and I had one to wear during dinner. Hehe, cute :) This was the first time I actually had a meal here. Me and the boys went for the stonegrill rump steak - I was having one of those steak-craving days and this sounded wonderful. What is stonegrill? Basically we cook our own meat to our liking on a slab of heated volcanic granite. Rather unique and interesting an experience - give it a go if you haven't.

Haha, our dear Rachel decided to skip dinner and ordered dessert first! Yes, life's too short - always eat dessert first :P Photos of our dinner at Southern Cross: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8070917@N05/sets/72157612796484588/detail/

Left the gang around 9pm as I had Jo's Christmas eve party to attend. Have an awesome holiday everyone and we'll catch up in the new year!

Quick stop to pick Chris up and off we headed to Jo's place in Newtown for more partying. It has become tradition that I would spent my Xmas eve with the Soares sisters so this year was no exception. Lots of familiar faces were already there by the time I arrived - I flitted around her house catching up with friends. So nice to see everyone :) Bubbly was flowing, lots of food, dancing and chit-chat.

Stuck around till the countdown to Christmas and left shortly after. Needed to get a few hours sleep before my flight at 6am. Photos taken at Jo's party: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8070917@N05/sets/72157612890037682/detail/

Comments

Popular Posts