Jimmy's Recipe, Sydney (9th December 2012)

Only days away till we head off for our year end holidays in NZ, I've decided to clear out most of the food from our refrigerator and not restock the groceries since we would be gone for 2 weeks. With nothing much to eat in the house, I headed into town for lunch on my own. Problem is, where to eat? Choices aplenty though I found my legs taking me to Jimmy's Recipe at The Galeries (again!) - hmm, this place is becoming a regular Sunday lunch spot for me...

Having tried their Laksa and Ipoh Hor Fun on my previous visits, I got myself the Hainanese Chicken Rice (cost $9) this time. As usual, the staff were very speedy preparing the food and only took a few minutes wait. I took my tray of food to an empty table located in the corridor. Time to dig in!

The chicken was tender and moist (I opted for the thigh) but came with the bone - the chef was not skilful in chopping up the chicken, shards of bone falling into the meat as I tried to remove the meat using my cutlery which was quite annoying. Both the chicken and rice needed more drizzle of sauce, and as for the condiments, the minced ginger and shallot mix was a bit heavy on the ginger side while the chilli sauce lacked flavour. The dish comes with a side serving of soup, a very simple chicken broth with some Asian greens. Overall, the Hainanese Chicken Rice had good flavour though it didn't 'wow' me. 

Hainanese Chicken Rice ($9)


Jimmy's Recipe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I was already halfway through my meal when I spotted a dead ladybird swirling in my soup - added protein I guess! 


Comments

Popular Posts